Alvarez Plumbing Company has been servicing the central FL area for 40 years with a solid reputation built on honesty and integrity. We are now adding an HVAC division, which will provide both commercial and residential Air conditioning service, maintenance and installations.
We are looking for skilled and motivated service technicians who seek a career and not just a job. We offer full time work year round. Overtime is available. A take home company service vehicle, laptop computer/ tablet and cellular phone are provided. Benefits include: Paid vacation, paid holidays, uniforms, company sponsored -employee contributed health insurance group plan and 401K.
Tampa HVAC Service Positions available:
Service technician: Capable of troubleshooting and repair HVAC systems and controls. Perform routine preventative maintenance.
Refrigeration technician: Same capabilities as the service technician along with the ability to service and repair refrigeration system to include (but not limited to) walk-in coolers/ freezers, ice machines, serving line equipment, etc.
Installation technician: Capable of performing complete installation of residential/ commercial HVAC systems and duct work.
Job duties, knowledge and abilities
- Conduct preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repairs equipment
- Complete service reports, time entry, and all other paperwork and reporting via laptop/ tablet and submit them daily via e-mail.
- Repairs units without error and consistently repairs units within the time requirement guidelines
- Adheres to all customer requirements while on job site
- Conducts business professionally. Maintains self-control and integrity in stressful situations.
- Maintains a professional image
- Accommodate an on-call rotation
- Hold a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Knowledge of basic electricity and electrical and control systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Perform required within current building code requirements
- Work independently to manage multiple assignments and meet required deadlines
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers.
- Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
Education and experience
- High school diploma/GED
- Certified HVAC/ Refrigeration training
- EPA 608 Universal certified